One of the first things people notice about you — whether they’re meeting you for the first time or they’re old acquaintances — is your smile, or more specifically, your teeth. That’s not really surprising. After all, located right there in the center of your face, your mouth and your teeth are hard to miss. And the way your teeth look can have a major bearing on how others see you — and how you see yourself. Beautiful, white, healthy-looking teeth can make you look more attractive, more successful, and more confident to everyone you meet, and of course, knowing you’ve got a dazzling smile can certainly boost your self-esteem as well.
Pretty much no one is born with perfect teeth. Many of us have teeth that are crooked, misshapen, or poorly aligned. And as we get older, imperfections like chips, cracks, and deep stains become more common. Trauma, lifestyle habits like smoking, and just plain wear and tear can all take their toll as well. Before you know it, you may find yourself smiling less often or shielding your teeth so they’re not as visible when you smile or talk.
Not too long ago, getting a beautiful smile meant spending years in braces or undergoing extensive — and expensive — repairs and restorations. But today, many of these issues can be treated cosmetically using state-of-the-art veneers. And all it takes is two or three office visits to get a brand-new smile.
Restore your confidence with veneers
Veneers are very thin sheets of porcelain material that are applied to the front surfaces of your teeth — typically the teeth that are visible when you smile. You can have a veneer applied to a single tooth or to multiple teeth, depending on the issues you want to correct. The porcelain material can be tinted and shaped so it blends beautifully with the rest of your smile. What’s more, veneers are very versatile. They can be used to cosmetically correct a host of issues, including:
- Gaps between teeth: Veneers can close wide spaces so your smile looks more uniform (plus, they can prevent decay-causing bacteria and food particles from lodging between teeth).
- Crooked teeth: With veneers, you don’t need to spend years wearing braces to get straighter-looking teeth; veneers can help your teeth look perfectly straight in just two appointments.
- Teeth that look too small: A gummy smile can make you really self-conscious, but with veneers, you can “rebalance” the relationships between your teeth and gums so your smile looks great.
- Deep stains and discoloration: Teeth whitening can get rid of lots of stains, but not all discoloration responds to bleaching — and that’s when veneers can help.
- Cracks and chips: Since they’re applied to the surface of your teeth, veneers can cover these imperfections so your tooth’s appearance is completely restored.
- Misshapen teeth: Veneer material can be expertly shaped to completely “revamp” your smile, making even misshapen teeth look uniform and beautiful.
With veneers at Infinity Smile Center, your treatment will be completely customized based on your needs and your treatment goals.
The veneer process
Veneer application is a two-step process, and that means you'll typically need two visits. At the first visit, your tooth will be prepared for the veneer, a process that involves removing a very small amount of tooth material so your new veneer fits properly and doesn't "stick out" above the surfaces of your other teeth. An impression or mold is made and sent to a lab where your veneer will be made, and a temporary veneer will be placed on your tooth to protect it. At your second visit, the temporary veneer will be removed, your tooth will be cleaned, and the permanent veneer will be applied. That's all there is to it!
At Infinity Smile Center, we offer durable, beautiful, natural-looking veneers using state-of-the-art technology so you can feel confident about your new, beautiful smile. To learn more about veneers and how they can help you get the smile you want, book an appointment online today.